Find Free Money In A Bad Economy


Since people are saving and being frugal in this recession, what could be better than finding free money. Here are a couple of places where you can look. Some claims have deadlines.

Whatever your opinion is on lawyers, it’s hard to complain about free money. TopClassActions has list of open settlements that where you might bequalified to make a claim. Did you do business with Bank of America, Sprint or maybe, Lenscrafters? You might qualify for some free money. These claims do take a while to mail their checks out. So, it’s not immediately found money. Think of it as an unexpected check from your favorite uncle.

The IRS might owe you money if you didn’t file an income tax return.

Unclaimed refunds totaling approximately $1.2 billion are awaiting about 1.3 million people who failed to file a federal income tax return for just 2004. Today that number might be even greater. However, to collect the money, a return for last year must be filed with an IRS office no later than the tax deadline date.

See if you are eligible for government lending money loans and asisstance by visiting There is an online screening process and if you qualify, you could get a direct payment, loan, insurance, training, or other services.

How about some pension money that you forgot about? If you were involved in a “defined benefit” pension plan in a private company that transferred the plan to Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, you might have free found money.

“Defined benefit” pension plans are traditional pension plans which promise to pay a specific monthly amount to participants when they retire. Plans such as profit-sharing or 401(k) plans are not considered defined benefit plans. PBGC does not insure federal pension plans.

Did your brokerage firm go bankrupt and they still have your funds?

The statute that created SIPC provides that customers of a failed brokerage firm receive all non-negotiable securities that are already registered in their names or in the process of being registered.

Go to Securities Investor Protection Corporation and file a claim.

Here are a bunch of other sites that can help you find free money to help you survive in the bad economy.

Now go get that free money!